ATCC is seeking a competent Security Manager to organize and oversee all security operations of our company. Security personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards. You will report to the Head of Facilities and Engineering and will oversee two sites, Manassas, VA and Gaithersburg, MD. This is an on-site job with main office in Manassas, VA.
The Manager, Security is responsible for overseeing the security operations of multiple sites, ensuring the safety and protection of employees, visitors and property. The Manager, Security will develop and implement security policies and procedures, lead security improvement projects, coordinate emergency response, and manage security budgets and expenses.
The Manager, Security follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. They advise staff to meet schedules and resolve technical problems. They develop and administer schedules and performance requirements and establish and adhere to budgets. They work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
1. Develop security programs that complies with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Manual 5205.07, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
2. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards related to emergency management
3. Responsible for implementation and management of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Program for ATCC.
4. Develop, write, and implement security policies, protocols, and procedures.
5. Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events.
6. Create and lead a Threat Assessment and Management Team. Lead security improvements projects.
7. Support Environmental Health and Safety when coordinating emergency drills and emergency responses.
8. Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms.
9. Escalate and document security incidents and breaches, conducts root cause analyses, reports and implement corrective and preventative actions.
10. Recruit, train and supervise security officers and guards.
11. Implement a security personnel training program.
12. Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs.
13. Analyze data and recommend improvements. Create security status reports.
14. Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses.
15. Provide guidance to staff within the latitude of established organizational policy.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Founded in 1925, ATCC is a non-profit organization with a mission to acquire, authenticate, preserve, develop, standardize, and distribute biological materials and information for the advancement and application of scientific knowledge.
ATCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS