Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistics, Genomic Sciences, Molecular Biology, or Genetics field plus 7+ years or relevant experience or a Master’s degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience or a PhD degree plus 1+ years of relevant experience.
Demonstrated excellence in implementing algorithms, genomic pipelines, and managing data in cloud-based computing environments and high-performance clusters.
Proficient with publicly available bioinformatics databases, tools, algorithms.
Experience managing & budgeting computing resources
Knowledge of relational databases and SQL language
Skills in programming languages such as Perl, PHP or Python, and R and in web application development
Proficient in the Linux operating system and basic shell script programming
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Exceptional skills in bioinformatics and statistical analysis, time management, and organizational skills
- Sound scientific judgment and problem solving skills in order to identify, evaluate and correct potential problems early
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that fosters innovative thinking, operational excellence, rapid new product commercialization, and appropriate risk taking behaviors
- Ability to lead high level and complex projects
- Desire and proven ability to work independently and in a collaborative multidisciplinary team
- Ability to lead by example and act as an agent of change when necessary
- Strong work ethic and an attitude of personal ownership and accountability for the success of a program
- Ability to lead a team who will contribute to scientific publications and participate in the preparation of grant applications
- Ability to convey technical information effectively, provide strong scientific leadership and direction, and foster teamwork in support of business goals with people from multiple levels, departments and disciplines
- Ability to provide guidance to bioinformatics staff on a daily basis
- Excellent networking skills within the research community both internally and externally
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
ATCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.